Office of Inspections
- Administer the currently adopted city building codes:
- 2009 International Building codes
- 2011 National Electric Code
- Coordinate with the Fire Marshal to administer the 2009 International Fire Code.
- Work with the local electricity company, Entergy, to ensure safe electrical power supply to residences and commercial buildings. Call (601) 445-7512 to schedule an electrical inspection.
- Ensure, in coordination with the City Engineer, compliance of building plans and construction with the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Coordinate all water and sewer taps with Natchez Water Works
- Regulate property maintenance requirements and various codes of the City through Code Enforcement.
- Manages the City’s property and upkeep of City of Natchez buildings
The City of Natchez partners with Entergy Mississippi to ensure all electrical service meters are in safe working order, prior to new or transfer of service.
To schedule an electrical inspection please call (601) 445-7518 or visit us in the second floor of Natchez City Hall (124 S. Pearl Street). If you need to request a new account, please make sure you have contacted Entergy.
Street Light Outage Reporting
1. Identify the street light number (located on the pole)
2. If no number is available, record the nearest intersection.
3. Call the Inspection Department and report the above information.
PERMITS FOR REPAIR, MAINTENANCE, OR NEW INSTALLATION OF INFRASTRUCTURE UNDER CITY RIGHT-OF-WAY.
NOT FOR RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL INSPECTIONS. FOR ENTERGY PERMITS: CALL (601) 445-7518
Request your utility permit using the following steps:
1. Visit the Talk to My City website (This is not for Residential or Commercial Entergy turn-ons, please call 601-445-7518)
2. Enter agency code: Nat01
3. Create login account
4. Complete permit request application
FOR ENTERGY PERMITS: CALL (601) 445-7518